- 1 carton of fresh figs
- 1/2 lb prosciutto
- 1 Stick of goat cheese (Chevre)
- 24-30 pecans
- 1 7 grain French Stick
- Olive Oil spray
- Black pepper
- Wash, dry then spray figs with a little oil to prevent sticking. Place the whole figs on a medium grill. Grill turningseveral times until the skin has slight grill marks and the fruit is warm.
- Slice the bread across ways, spray with a little olive oil then grill lightly.
- Spread each slice with goat cheese (about ¼ inch thick).
- Slice the grilled figs or if small cut in half.
- Place 2 pecans on top of the cheese then 1 or 2 fresh fig slices (depending on size of bread).
- Roll up a slice of prosciutto and fold to fit on top, sprinkle with black pepper.
This makes a great cocktail snack paired with a Pinot Grigio wine. The tartness of the cheese, crunch of the pecans, sweetness of the figs and saltiness of the Prosciutto come together in a wonderful grilled melding of flavors and textures.