- 2 tablespoons of white wine Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon of pecan oil* or olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon of dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper or 1/8 teaspoon of ground red pepper
- 2 cups pecan halves
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, combine the Worcestershire sauce, oil, thyme, rosemary, and pepper. Add pecans and coat well. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for six minutes; stir. Bake 6-9 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool; store in an airtight container.
Yield: 2 cups
*Pecan oil is now being marketed by several companies. Lighter than olive oil, it is a healthy addition to salad dressings and good for pan-searing meats and general cooking use.
From "In Praise of Pecans" by June Jackson